Saturday, July 3, 2010

Welcome

For a long time now I've been working at learning the skills that my Gran was taught as a girl. Some are simple things like baking or cooking (although not all recipes are created equal), others - like making jams and chutney's are a fair bit more complicated! I'm hoping to be able to inspire more men and women in their 20's and 30's to return to our roots. I'm going to be trying to grow my own food, fruit and flowers and making my own jams and preserves. I'm exploring the joy of cooking and trying my hand at traditional recipes both from my own South Africa and also from around the world. I'm broadening my baking horizons and being far more adventurous these days. Pastry made from scratch is far more satisfying than store bought after all :-) There are also the old crafts - knitting, sewing, crochet - which need to be kept alive to be passed on to our kids.

Let's see if we can't become an empowered generation ... we may even find a way to add a modern twist to it all.

Chat soon,

Jo

PS - all suggestions welcome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment